Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quinoa Is Great Before Working Out

This is just a quick post about my day today. I had one of those days where you jump out of bed and get ready as fast as you can to start your day. My Quinoa flakes are all gone so my breakfast just felt incomplete. Then I was too busy to eat lunch so by the time I got home I was starving and I had Judo practice about to start.

I hate eating before Judo, but I didn't want to go when I would have no energy.  So I looked in the fridge and luckily there was some left over quinoa. It was delicious. It was cooked in beef broth so it had a great flavor to it. It was very light and fluffy and took away my hungry feeling but didn't fill me up so that I felt stuffed. The last thing I want is to throw up during practice. The thing that I was most impressed with was the further into practice I got the more energy I felt like I had.

Quinoa is a great way to provide you body with the energy and nutrition that it needs. For sports or working out, you can't beat it because it has all of the protein you need to repair and build muscle tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment